BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU agree to abide by the practices described in this Privacy Statement which may be changed from time to time.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you to extend services like processing of your donations, providing receipts and tax exemption certificates, sending regular updates about the work we do for children, respond to your queries and apprising you of the new opportunities to help deprived and marginalized children of India in a better way.
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, date of birth, PIN code, telephone numbers, mobile phone numbers, your organization’s name, email addresses, credit/debit card information, bank information or billing information.
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We seek your personal information when you make a donation, request a communication from us, register for an on-ground event, pledge support to our work and campaigns and apply for working or volunteering with Save the Children. This information may be sought over the phone, through the website, via email or by the means of face-to-face interaction.
Save the Children has in place the necessary security mechanisms and only designated employees have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. The information you provide on the donation transaction page is encrypted using SSL – Secure Sockets Layer (you will see a green padlock icon in the left hand side of the address bar in your browser). At the same time, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an ‘https’ instead of an ‘http’. Donation pages are verified by VeriSign and transactions are processed using a VeriSign merchant account.
I agree and consent to receive all communications at the mobile number provided, even if this mobile number is registered under DND/NCPR list under TRAI regulations. And for that purpose, I further authorise Company to share/disclose the information to any third party service provider or any affiliates, group companies, their authorised agents or third party service providers.
Save the Children or their third party service provider or any affiliates will be making calls and sending SMS/Email through a third party platform.
SAVE THE CHILDREN MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except in the limited circumstances elicited below, Save the Children will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque: We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third party service-providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If Save the Children is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that any using one of the Save the Children website, our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc. have been inflicted with any harm, we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law: If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or a legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Merger, Acquisition or other Corporate Restructure: We also may transfer your personal information to a third party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
- Requesting Communication: We have on board certain vendors who execute several donor (existing or potential)-related activities for us like send direct mails, emailers, greeting cards, making phone calls, and others. We may share your information like phone numbers, email address, etc. with these agencies so that they can perform these activities on behalf of Save the Children.
Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by Save the Children when you log onto our website. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY PRACTICES
As and when the need arises, Save the Children may alter its privacy practices in accordance with the latest technology and trends. We strive to provide you with timely notice of these changes. You may reach out to us if you have any queries about any changes made to our practices.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU (the purpose)
- for analytics and research, including to operate and improve our campaigns, Site and associated applications and platforms;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising, media and campaigns we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant information to you
- We may also pass your information on to related organisations like other Save the Children International.
Please call: 9870127127 or Send an email to: [email protected] or
Send a letter to:
Save the Children – Bal Raksha Bharat
1st and 2nd Floor
Plot no. 91, Sector – 44
Gurgaon (Haryana) – 122003